Top 10 In-Demand Roles Globally
- Skilled Trades - Electricians, Welders, Mechanics
- Sales Reps - B2B, B2C, Contact Center
- Engineers - Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical Engineer
- Technicians - Quality Controllers, Technical staff
- Drivers - Truck Driver, Construction, Mass Transit
- IT - Cybersecurity, Network, Administrators
- Accounting & Finance - Certified Accountants
- Professionals - Project Managers, Lawyers, Researchers
- Office support - PAs, Receptionist
- Manufacturing - Production and Machine Operators
The report also revealed that 46% of employers in the U.S., and 45% of employers globally are having difficulty filling positions due to an inability to find people with the skills they need. This talent shortage allows job seekers and employees to position themselves for success. To read the full report, click here.
Are you in demand? If so, how can you capitalize on this demand?We have a few ideas:
- Showcase your skills and accomplishments. Don’t keep your success a secret. Make sure your online networking profiles, resume, personal website, and performance reviews reflect what you know and what you’ve achieved. A little self-promotion can go a long way.
- Be a leader. Employees with strong leadership skills set themselves up for increased responsibilities, possibly leading to a better role and/or salary. Work to be the go-to on your team to set and accomplish goal and inspiring others to reach their full potential.
- Build your soft skills. While employers definitely need to find people with the right hard skills, there is mounting evidence that soft skills play a key role in hiring decisions. Your ability to thrive in areas like communication, team work, problem solving and collaboration will hold a great amount of weight when looking to advance your career.
Not in demand? Don’t worry. Follow the tips above and you will become a better candidate, regardless of your position. Or, if you’re up for a career switch, check out available training and/or education options. Ultimately, it’s up to you to make your own opportunities. Start now, by searching available jobs on aexperisjobs.us.